Today’s blog is for “Holly” (a very loyal reader). Each time we arrive at a new port we receive two valuable bit of information. Currency Conversion Card and a Local Map.
The Currency Conversion Card has to sides both extremely useful and should be taken off the ship with you, for several reasons.
1. Currency Conversion (tells you the current rate of exchange)
2. Port Agent Information and ship pier location (in case you get arrested, in an accident or delayed for any other reason).
3. Local Phrases (Brazil is Portuguese, not Spanish) locals do not understand Spanish so always wise to remember you have some useful phrases on this card.
Now for the map and port information a tri-fold piece that is loaded with important facts:
1. The City Street map, to help us get around:
2. Port at a Glance (Reference material):
3. Essentials ( Arrival, Currency, Hours, Etc.)
Now for a little bit about today, lunch at the Lido Pool:
Last night we crossed the Equator without much to do we assume the ceremony will be during our second crossing: